- Rich Ribbon Integration within MS Project 2010
- Self-Contained mpp files (this means you can place the mpp file anywhere and it will know what SharePoint server and Task List to talk to)
- Multi-user support (because the mpp files are now self-contained, you can give them to colleagues and IntelliGantt will know what to do)
- Auto Synchronization configuration from 1 minute to 20 minute intervals
- Directional Data Flow (you choose which data fields go to the SharePoint server and/or come from the SharePoint server)
- Crazy Simple MS Project Resource to SharePoint Member mapping
A word (or two) about tethering. Since it looks like this Internet thing is going to catch on, we've made the transition to design the IntelliGantt Add In assuming that your computer is in fact always connected to the network. This let's us do something really cool-- immediately send your changes in MS Project to the task list in SharePoint.
Why is this a good thing? Consider the common 'sync on demand' scenario and the dreaded 'who's data wins?' connundrum. With tethering, this problem goes away because, since the changes are immediate, it's just like you've edited the SharePoint Task List itself.
Tethering also lets us take advantage of a more efficient auto-sync scenario. In fact, when combined with our Directional Data Flow, we believe the time-sink bane of project managers everywhere can be related to the dustbin. Of course I'm talking about change approvals.
In the coming days we will post examples of these exciting features, and even a few we haven't mentioned yet.
By the way, if you have a huge, hairy, nasty mpp file that can't possibly be sent to a SharePoint Task List, feel free to send it to us. We'll be happy to make sure it works.