We've been burning the midnight oil to bring the major new version of the IntelliGantt Suite to market. First up is our IntelliGantt Add In for Microsoft Project 2007. The market has shown a tremendous response to product and as a result we had an enourmous number of suggesstions to sift through. I'm pleased to say we just about got all your requests!
The BETA for version 4 of the IntelliGantt Add In for Microsoft Project is now available (we'll be updating the TeamDirection site over the weekend, you just get to see it first). Among the improvements:
1) The basic Task List, the more advanced Project Task List and the Issue List can all be used. You can even supply a SharePoint template ID and use a web part list of your creation.
2) An easy, convenient way to reassign and/or remap Microsoft Project resources to SharePoint members.
3) An IntelliGantt resource pool to help you keep track of those SharePoint members for inviting them to projects.
4) A Dashboard that rolls all your shared tasks in to one view. You can filter this dashboard view by task properties (Late Tasks, Unread Data, etc) combined with resources (who is assigned to what).
5) Enahnced Workspace Settings (was Collaboration Settings) that describe what type of tasks you want to share in addition to what fields.
6) Significantly improve Estimates and Actuals support. You can report estimates to a specific baseline to aid in project tracking. You can also report actuals such that only tasks with values will be updated.
7) Enhanced synchronization reporting-- see exactly what is being changed when you update.
8) Awesome customization. Change any menu and most any label on every IntelliGantt UI form. This can be used for Localization as well. You can even share your customizations with others.
And many, many more. One in particular we will announce just before shipping :)
If you're curious what the new version looks like check out this screencast.
If you're really curious to see it in action, you can install it. This is a ClickOnce deployment which means you receive updates automatically. One thing to note, you must be using Microsoft Project 2007 at a minimum. We are taking advantage of new APIs in the Microsoft Project 2007 package that solve issues like storing the MPP file in SharePoint, for example.
The baseline requirements are:
Microsoft Project 2007 Standard or Professional
.NET 3.5 SP1 (included in install)
.NET VSTO 3.0 SP1 (included in install)
Version 9 of the C Runtimes (include in install)
If you decide to install the beta, please make use of our feedback menu items under 'Help' and let us know what you think!
Amazon's Fire TV Still Needs Fixing, Stat
15 hours ago